Monday, November 14, 2016

Acrylic Paint Watercolor Resist Technique



This technique has been one that has been around for years.  Again it is a simple one with supplies that are readily available.

Ingredients
Substrate - I used a shipping tag
Acrylic Paint or Gesso - I used white for high contrast.  You can use cheap acrylic paint for this as long as it is opaque.
Stamps - Any stamp will work.  I used some architectual foam stamps I have had for years. 
Watercolor Medium - I used watercolor crayons
Paper towel or cloth
Heat gun or Patience




Steps
1.  Stamp the acrylic paint on to the substrate.  Wash your stamps immediately.  Let dry or use a heat tool to dry before moving on to the next step.


3.  Paint watercolor over the substrate.  I smeared the watercolor crayons and then activated with water.



4.  Pat some of the color off with a paper towel.


No comments: