I am not sure where I learned to do the ribbon flowers, but I know I was influenced by Sister Diane who taught me how to make flower embellishments out of buttons and trim so I am going to give her credit.
- Ribbon about 6 inches but really this depends on how full you want your flower. The ribbon has to be wide enough that you can run a stitch along it. I used 1 inch wide ribbon.
- Thread any color
- Embroidery thread or fake flower stamens.
- Fabric glue or heavy duty industrial glue like E-6000
1. Cut ribbon to desired length. Run a running stitch along the edge. This edge will be hidden by the button so don't worry about thread color. Cut off thread. Leave at least 3 inches of thread at both ends of the ribbon.
3. Thread embroidery thread through button and tie off like flower stamens or use fake stamens. Glue button on top.