Last night I finished a cover to one of my books. I usually do the covers near the end of a book because other wise I am smashing the embellishments and when I am working on the inside the art on the cover makes it hard to get a good impression and such.
- Brown Grocery Sacks torn into random pieces
- soft gel medium
- glue brush (a paint brush dedicated to glue)
- Substrate in this case my book cover
- Glue the pieces of grocery sack down on the substrate.
- Cover with gel medium. Let dry
Easy peasy huh and it makes a great background. I have a page I will show later when it is finished that I did the same thing. I used an old nylon paint brush I got at an estate sale and as I was spreading the glue bits of the bristles were coming off so my book has these interesting black spots that I had not planned for at all.