Friday, May 17, 2013

Experimental journal page

use my art journal to experiment with material I have and this page has a lot of experimention on it.

I used so many things I can even remember them all. 

I glued down flowered tissues paper and then layered a napkin I had with the same colors. I wanted to see how this would look. 

I had bought the Plaid's folk art extreme glitter on clearance a while back but had never used it. So I pulled it out. I found using a foam brush and a pouncing motion gets the best coverage. It is definitely extreme glitter. 

Then I was watercoloring another page and accidentally got green watercolor on this page. It actually was the right color and worked well. 

I sprayed Smootch Spritz on the top. Another clearance item I have had FORever. 

Then using archival black ink I stamped the flourishes over both the extreme glitter and the smooch spritz to see if it would work. It did!

I cut the bird from paper using a felt embellishment I had as a template (old school die cut. Hahahaha). Then I stamped it using the same stamps and archival ink but these impressions are second generation to be lighter. I outlined it with the smooch spritz using a paint brush. I glued it on the page and out lined it again with Pitt artist pen in black and a brush tip.  Drew some little legs on the bird with the same pen. 

Funny how the simplest looking page is the most complicated.

No comments: