Here is a simple altered book spread.
- Altered book
- Gesso and paint brush
- Two colors of acrylic paint - I used pink and green
- Paint brushes
- Clean water
- Scrap pages of a book
- Technique Tuesday stamps
- Adhesive - I used Uhu glue stick.
- Gesso two page spread. Let dry
- Paint pink acrylic paint over the top 2/3rd of the gessoed pages. Let dry.
- Apply a water wash over the bottom 1/3rd of the pages. Paint over with green paint. Let dry.
- On scrap book pages stamp the flower petals and circles. I used Technique Tuesday stamps and ancient page ink.
- Using clear water on a paint brush, draw a line you would like to tear around the petals and the circles.
- Glue petals and circles on the page. Cut off any pieces that do not fit on the page.
Here is the same idea but placed on a greeting card. The only difference is the background square which is just a children's writing tablet with gesso and then acrylic paints in the same color pink and green. All was glued on a white greeting card.
Here is a close up of the same card.