Monday, May 5, 2014

Craft Warehouse scrap challenge for May

The second Tuesday of each month the Craft Warehouse of Salem has a stamp club meeting. Since I'm trying to build an art creating community for myself here in Salem, Oregon I attend.

During the month prior they offer us bags of odds and ends with challenge for us to make a card using at least a little of everything in the bag. 

Here is my creation


It's not a complicated card. The packet included the kraft card stock the red flower paper and the decorative sticky paper (which I did not know was self adhesive until after I taped it down,) and a cork arrow embellishment. (I should have taken a picture of the stuff in the bag but I forgot. Goal for next time.)

To start I used the cork arrow to stamp on the Kraft cardstock using barn door distress paint. Then I attached the cardstock to another piece of cardstock with the atg along the top and scored it just below to make the card base. I cut the adhesive paper to look like banners and attached it. I used a piece of the red flower paper on top to make it look more finished.  I stamped the "oh deer" stamp using archival black ink. Using my big shot and spellbinder nestabilities dies I cut out the deer panel and the kraft frame. I attached both to the card base and I was done. 

At the meeting there is a drawing for 3 gift cards for all who participate. To me it is always fun to see how differently everyone used the same material. 

No comments: