Sunday, May 26, 2013

Designer Paper Starburst Cards for Fathers Day

Yeah over two weeks to Father's Day and I have my cards done. Maybe a first for Last Minute Melissa.  


 used the Designer Paper Starburst from April/May 2013 issue of Technique Junkies Newsletter. Www.techniquejunkies.com. I used scrapbook paper with a gender neutral theme ie travel. This technique is easy and a good way to use the pretty paper I hoard. 


Here is a close up of the starburst panel. 

When ever I make cards I try to make more then I need so I can chose the one that's perfect for the person and I have extra when I send cards (yes I do send snail mail, so old fashion of me) forget a birthday or wanna give one to someone who needs a pick me up. 

I usually tweak each one just a bit so they are still individualized. 


This auto stamp is a Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz.


I won't share the Starburst technique out of respect for copyright.  I can not say enough about Technique Junkies and strongly suggest that you should subscribe to this newsletter. 

 I will give the ingredients and the steps I took to create the cards. 


This sea shell is from Dragonfly Laser rubber stamps. Www.dragonflylaser.com. This is a great stamp because it is so versatile it's great for a focal image or as a design element.  

INGREDIENTS 
Black Card Blank
Black Cardstock
Decorative Paper or Cardstock (I used travel themed paper pad)
Adhesive (I used glue stick)
Double Sided Tape
Ruler (I used a omnigrid quilting ruler)
Xacto Knife
Cutting Mat
Stamps
Ink Pad (I used Staz On ink)
Deco Tape
Deco Twine
Scissors
Matching Marker (I used Tim Holtz Distress Marker in Broken China)


STEPS 
1. Create the starburst square with black cardstock, glue, deco paper, ruler, xacto knife and cutting mat. 
2. Attach deco twine by wrapping it around starburst panel and secure with double sided tape.  Create tassel using deco twine; cut equal lengths of twine, fold over panel twine and attached with a larks eye knots. Attach panel to card blank. 
3. Create stamp panel by stamping image on light deco paper with Staz on. Color with marker. Attach to black cardstock and cut out leaving a black frame.  Attach to card using double stick tape. 
4.  Embellish with deco tape. 


This stamp is from Stampendous. You know I'm from Portlandia so I have to put a bird on it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Really like the starburzt look!