Sunday, May 5, 2013

New art journal first page

Recently I decided I was going to start two things, morning pages as in The Artist Way and start an art journal based on the book Journal Fodder 365. I have not started to read the journal fodder book but I decided just to start creating.

The journal is a mixed media Stathmore 90lb weight. Page size 5.5 by 8.5 vellum surface. It seems perfect for what I plan to do.

So here is my first page. Goal to start and to own the journal.

I used the urban subway stencils to write my name using a light green inktense pencil and colored the letters in with bees wax crayons. I washed out the inktense around the letters then did an orange wash with watercolors on the rest of the page. The stripes on the bottom are from a napkin glued down and the little birds butterflies and flowers are cardboard table confetti. I basically used what I had next to me.

I needed to start somewhere and so I did.

1 comment:

Lindsay Weirich said...

I love the vibrant colors of the Inktense pencils!