This is what I do, I cut it up and use it for a collage element.
Wood these pieces are 4 inches x 4 inches by 2 inches. They are cedar but that doesn't really matter it just has to be something you can hammer nails into.
Sand paper with a sanding block helps.
White Gesso. I used golden brand
Acrylic paint. I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio in teal
Gel medium. I use Goldens regular gel medium in matte
Steps for wood base
1. Sand pieces of wood to a smooth finish so it is easier to paint.
2. Paint front and 4 sides with white gesso. Let dry.
3. Cover gessoed area with acrylic paint. Let dry.
4. Collage paper items on front and 4 sides. Cover up with wrinkled dress pattern paper. Let dry.
5. Dry brush gesso over the tissue paper.
Next part will be about cutting the tin and putting it all together
PS sorry I can not type directly under the picture but I don't think the mobile app allows you to do that. If someone has figured it out please let me know.